**Employer Registration is FULL for the January 11th Job Fair
2017 Job Fair Dates:
Jan. 11| Feb 8 | Mar 8 | Apr 12 | May 10 |Jun 14 |July 12 |
Aug 9 |Sept 13 |Oct 11 |Nov 8
Employers and Job Seekers are able to view, post and connect with current jobs open in the Grand Rapids area
Community Job Fair is FREE to all job seekers
9am - 12pm
On the second Wednesday of EACH month (except December)
At the Wyoming Campus of Kentwood Community Church
2950 Clyde Park SW | Wyoming MI 49509
Each month we welcome a large variety of employers with hundreds of jobs available in areas such as retail, healthcare, manufacturing, hospitality, transportation, customer service, security, food service, nonprofit & more!
- Job Fair is a FREE event to job seekers
- Candidates of all ages, experience levels & industries are encouraged to attend
- Companies will be looking to hire full-time, part-time & seasonal positions
- Bring several copies of your updated resume
- Business attire is highly encouraged
Partnering Employment Service & Support Agencies:
(Agencies listed will be onsite at the Community Job Fair)
West Michigan Works in Kent County
Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids
Disability Advocates of Kent County
Heart of West Michigan United Way
Job Fair 101 - Want Tips on How to Prepare?
Why should you attend a job fair?
Job seekers are given an opportunity to make a positive connection when meeting with potential employers.
- Dress Professionally- Business attire is strongly encouraged. Attending a job fair should be viewed no differently than walking into a scheduled job interview. First impressions speak volumes!
- Bring Several Copies of Your Resume- Resumes should contain up to date contact information
- Prepare and Practice a One Minute Commercial- Interactions at job fairs are brief, two minutes or less. Summarize your skills, experiences & strengths. Be prepared to share what your passions are. Also share what kind of job you desire. Listen to the questions recruiters are asking others. Be prepared to have your answers ready.
- Do Your Homework Before You Go- Research the companies in attendance to have an in depth knowledge of the company, their mission & job openings.
- Show Initiative & Be Enthusiastic- Smile,make eye contact, shake hands & introduce yourself to recruiters. Demonstrate your interest in their company. Make them remember YOU!
- Ask Questions- Have some questions ready for the company representatives. The more you engage them, the better impression you'll make. Example questions: What skills, work experience and education are required for this position? What is the work environment like? What do you like about working at this company? As you close your conversation, ask for an interview!
- Carry a Portfolio or Pocket Notebook- You’ll need to something that looks professional to carry your resumes, a note pad, business cards & literature.
- Collect Business Cards- These tools are the contact information of the employers you have spoken with.
- Network- Show respect for others who are in line. Conduct yourself professionally. While you are waiting, take time to engage with others, both employers & job seekers. One conversation could be life changing!
- Follow Up- Say thank you. After the event send a short email to the company representative to show appreciation for time they invested into you. It's a good way to reiterate your interest in the company & a reminder that you're a strong candidate.
For more information contact: Kristina Plattenberg or call 616.455.1740 ext. 504