Families of Promise Orphan and Adoption Ministry
We believe children deserve a loving family. When children receive security, encouragement, love and structure within a stable Christian home, they also receive the building blocks they need to cultivate their rightful place within God's kingdom. Few priorities are closer to God's heart than caring for vulnerable, outcast or abandoned children. In the Bible, God has made clear the responsibility for His people to take care of His precious children.(Matthew 19:14 & James 1:27)
Globally, there has never been a greater need than today for Christians to adopt or provide loving, stable foster care. Locally, Families of Promise is dedicated to following Christ's command to love everyone by equipping Christians to open their hearts and homes to God's children.
Families of Promise pursues their goals through the following strategies.
- Educating Believers: We inspire and motivate Christians to pursue adoption.
- Sharing Resources: We have a wealth of resources for individuals and families during the adoption or foster care process and for parenting adopted and foster children.
- Mentoring: We provide experienced mentors within a safe, confidential environment to assist new or foster parents,
- Supporting Orphans: We raise awareness by providing opportunities for those not personally involved in adoption to take action in supporting orphans, adoption and adoptive and foster families.
Opportunities for Involvement:
Closet of Hope
The Closet of Hope is a resource room for Foster, Adoptive and Safe Families who have urgent and ongoing needs in providing basic care items. The room is housed at the Wyoming Campus. This room exists through the generosity of our community and you can help keep it full by donating needed items.
Donations will be taken at both the Kentwood and Wyoming campuses during the weekend services. Donations may also be taken at the Wyoming Campus. It is recommended to call prior to drop off. Due to limited drop-off hours at the Wyoming Campus, donations can also be taken at the Kentwood Campus during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please place Kentwood Campus donations in the large bin across from Explore and Grow just inside entrance G. (Look for the Real Kidz sign!)
Wednesday (beginning March 1, 2017) 6pm-8pm
- Diapers of all sizes, baby wipes
- New and gently used baby items
- New and gently used clothes (all sizes)
- Winter apparel (all sizes)
- New underwear and socks
- New bras for teens
- New/gently used bedding for twin beds and cribs
- Photo albums
- Car seats, strollers, etc.
- New and used digital cameras
Families of Promise was established in January, 2004.
For more information:
Visit www.familiesofpromise.org or contact us at 616.455.1740, ext. 324.